Guess what? After threading my needle thousands of times and after countless hours spent sewing squares together, my Garden Patch Granny Afghan is completely assembled!
I know it has been a long time since I updated you on this project, but really there was not much exciting to say...I was just sewing and sewing square after square together.
But the moment the sewing was done and I was able to stand back and marvel at the sea of grannies covering my floor, made all the hours I spent crouched over with a needle in my hand worth it. I am so happy with how it looks. It is just beautiful and I love it.
I have now removed all the papers and tags that I used to keep track of what went where, and have begun working on the edging. I am keeping the edging quite simple, a necessity I think since the blanket itself is so very busy.
I'm almost done and I am so excited!
(To read all the posts about this project, click the Garden Patch Granny Afghan box on the sidebar)