Well, it was never my intention to be absent from this space for so long, but things happen...
Overall, life has been ticking along just fine:
- I had a birthday...which happened to coincide with a major ice storm.
- We went on holidays to Florida. To Disney. And it was awesome!
- I have so many crochet projects to finish...yet at the same time all I can think about is starting something new. I really want to crochet a flamingo.
- I've planted the vegetable garden and I'm so excited to watch it grow over the summer.
- And of course there are now flowers on the deck.
- I am trying very hard to incorporate a little more rest into my days. I've been feeling a little ragged and run down lately, which is never good.
- Our bi-weekly produce box will be starting up again soon and I'm looking forward to cooking up all the fresh produce.
- My daughter did a project on the Great Pacific Garbage Patch which sent me down the rabbit hole watching videos and reading articles on the detrimental effects of plastics in our environment. Horrified by what I learned, I have been taking steps to reduce our plastic use which is a huge challenge; plastic is everywhere and in everything.
- I am constantly amazed (but I shouldn't be) by how fast food disappears in my house. If you're looking for me, there is a good chance I am at the grocery store..
- The other day my neighbor referred to our house and family as perfect....and it really freaked me out. I'm not sure why she thinks that, because let's face it, nothing is perfect, we are not perfect. Maybe the heat was getting to her as she had spent the day hauling rocks around her garden?
- I want to learn how to embroider. And my cross stitch picture is calling me.
Normal stuff here. Just ticking along. How are you all?